Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Paradise...


I know I’ve said this before, and I’m going to say it again….this time will be the last….it has been way way way too long since I have posted anything on this blog.  I cannot believe that the last time I posted was on March 28th! Wow.  Let me explain what has happened in my life over the past couple of months, and maybe you will understand I took such a long hiatus…

First, I GRADUATED!!!  Finally, 4 years after making that crazy decision to go back to school to earn my Bachelor of Science, I am done!  While things did not exactly go according to plan, and I will not be starting an internship this fall, I know that everything happens for a reason.  I know that I will end up with the job that I am supposed to have.

Fortunately, the blow to my ego was softened by my impending nuptials.  William and I got married on May 21, and it could not have been more perfect!  There were a few glitches along the way, and I will leave those nameless, because really none of it matters!  At the end of the day, William and I both showed up to declare our love and dedication, and that is all that I care about deep down in my heart.  He is my best friend, and I am so excited to now be Mrs. William A. Hopper.

We left for our honeymoon the Monday after our wedding.  We used Sunday to drive to Birmingham from Knoxville, and we wanted to get a decent night of sleep for our flight.  That didn’t happen…we got about 4 hours or sleep, woke up at 3:30 a.m., and were on our way to the airport at 4:30.  We did not arrive in Tortola until close to 6 p.m.  It didn’t matter, though.  Once we arrived to our villa, it was like the heavens opened up.  We were in paradise.

The view from our deck!!!

We began each morning with a delicious breakfast of eggs and toast, sometimes there was Kashi cereal and cantaloupe involved too.  William found the French press on the first morning, and we used it every morning. 

Delicious breakfast!!!
Each lunch was different, but we always made sure we were satisfied.  As you can tell, we are a couple united by food.  We love to cook.  We love to eat.  We love to read about food. We love to watch food being prepared.  We love food.

Stilton in paradise!  Not quite a cheeseburger, but pretty darn close...
For dinner, we cooked most nights, but we did go out a couple of times.  One night we went to the restaurant owned by the people who own the villa we stayed in.  It’s called The Last Resort.  It, quite literally, is the last place you could possibly go on Tortola.  We began our journey on the northwest end of the island, and ventured to the east end of the island, went past the airport, and were left with no place to go.  Fortunately, there was a dinghy waiting on us, and we were quickly whisked away to a tiny private island.  We got there early, so we got to play with the cats and dogs that hang out all over the place.  William got the seafood pasta, and it was delicious.  I got the seared scallops with risotto, which was also an excellent choice.  I kind of forgot to take pictures of our food, but we did get this shot…

Now that we’re back from the honeymoon, life has begun.  It hasn’t been what I’m used to, because I have no job right now!  I’ve been unpacking, getting organized, and searching for a job.  I’ve done some cooking, but nothing exciting.  Once I get myself in a routine and in the groove of things, I will definitely be doing some fun and exciting things.

For now, please be patient with as I get on a schedule, and try to come up with some exciting things to cook.  We’re having a “pizza party” with one of our favorite couples on Friday.  That should be exciting, and I will definitely post some pics!

So long, for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment