Monday, June 20, 2011

A Happy Accident

This post will not be very long, nor will it contain food.  No worries…there will be a longer one tomorrow.  PROMISE!

I am not one to brag about my photo taking abilities.  Believe me, they are nothing to boast about.  I have practiced in the last couple of years, and I have definitely gotten much better.  I still have some work to do, and I’d love to improve.  However, today, I snapped one of my favorite pictures ever.

As I said in my last post, I want to work on lightening up some of my favorite desserts.  Today, inspiration hit me, and I HAD to bake.  Weird that I have a blog about healthy eating, but sometimes I just need to make sweets.  I will post more about that tomorrow.  I’m working on making a lighter chocolate icing for the cupcakes.

I was taking pictures while working on the altered recipes.  I set the camera on the counter, but forgot to turn it off.  I looked down, and saw a beautiful opportunity on the camera screen.  I didn’t move anything in the picture, I simply pressed the button, and here is what I got…



I was so happy to get this picture.  Not only do I think it looks pretty, but it is a reminder of what is most important in life.  My mother-in-law gave me these measuring spoons, and I absolutely love them.  I almost didn’t want to use them, because I didn’t want to mess them up.  I decided to use them, because that’s why I received them.  No matter how cute or sentimental, these things are meant to be used.  I smile every time I pull them out of the drawer.  Thanks, Miss Kay!  

No comments:

Post a Comment