Monday, July 11, 2011

Pasta Party!!!

This post is a long time coming.  I’m surprised at how busy I’ve been for the last couple of weeks, but the time has flown!  I’ve been working on hunting for a job, continuing to get settled in Birmingham, testing and developing a few secret recipes, and training for this crazy marathon I have in less than 3 months!  (Wow, it kind of just hit me that I have such a short amount of time to train)

I may have mentioned this before, so forgive me if I’m repeating myself.  When I make pasta, I like to make it as healthy as possible. One of the great things about pasta is that you can almost always make a large batch and freeze leftovers.  Also, like pizza, it can be a great canvas for loads of veggies!

My friend, Brittany, gave us an awesome wedding present.  It’s a 3 compartment lasagna pan, which works well since I like a few more veggies than William.  I decided to boil some whole grain rotini, toss it with some veggies and cheese, and press it in the pan to bake for just a few minutes.

William loved it, and so did I.  We had LOTS leftover, so we divided it into individual servings to freeze.  We’ve had it for dinner two more times since I first made it about 10 days ago.

Cubed yellow squash

Diced zucchini

Chopped eggplant

Pasta with tomatoes, spinach, and other veggies.  I made a light cheesy sauce with low fat cream cheese, goat cheese, part skim mozzarella, herbs, salt, and pepper.

William's didn't have the zucchini or eggplant...he doesn't know what he's missing!

Sprinkled a little mozzarella on top and browned it in the oven.  Mmmmmmm

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I need this lasagna pan! I'm the same way with lasagna. It's like "make your own" lasagna...

    ReplyDelete