Thursday, December 17, 2009

My Usual Mid-Morning Snack


I often eat 4-5 small meals a day, instead of larger meals. I am always on the go and active, so I tend to get hungry fairly often. I have found that mid-morning is when I become ravenous! I like to eat something with a high amount of protein, and decent amount of carbohydrates. This helps sustain me for several hours, and is a great way to keep my metabolism and energy going throughout the day.


A lot of times I like to eat Greek style yogurt with a small handful of raw almonds. A small handful, for me, is about half a serving (or 15 grams). Some people enjoy the taste of plain Greek style yogurt, but I am a fan of the style with honey added to it. It is a small amount of honey, and does add a few more calories, but if you are careful about your diet, it should not be a problem. Also, if I do eat the plain, I load it up with berries and still add the nuts. It is a super yummy snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment